Sunday, 7 July 2002

7's day 2002 in Fuji

Sevens Day Japan 7/7/2002 was my first exposure to the real scene. Forget the auto salon in Japan. How would you like to see those cars, touch them, see them driving, listen to the sound, watch them racing. Well you will have to wait another year, cause the Auto salon power tour was held in Fuji speedway on the weekend. It was combined with the Rotarynet Sevens Day meeting. There were over 1000 rx7s there. Every Rotary workshop in Japan as well as some of the other major workshops for GTRs and other cars.

Man what a Day. RE Amemiya's Greddy 9, the Knight Sports and Mazdaspeed demo cars were on display, KS Auto, the Border Wide Body

I saw more and more rx7s on the freeway the closer I got to fuji. I later found out the top tuners had raced to the event on the freeway. (filmed on option Video) I knew it was going to be good just by the quality of car on the road. I started walking from the bus stop and the cars going past became more varied. Wild GTRs, drift cars, big VIP sedans and of course the PRESCILLA style queen of the desert vans with about 10 degrees negative camber on the rear and front spoilers you can sleep on. ...

Any way, The closer I got I was getting exited. I saw the lineup waiting to enter the speedway. About 10 s6 rx7s in a row .... unheard of.... Well I got through the gate and started walking through the car park. GT Porsches, GTRs Lotus Europa, 200sx 180 sx, EVO Lancers of every generation and STIs galore. I could of just stayed in the car park. On the side of the road there were your everyday day drivers... You know the Kind .. Series 6 with widebody Kit 18 inch advans and humoungous exhaust. Re amemiya modified cars with te37 Rays alloys were normal. Series 5 were everywhere but hardly recognisable due to the number of s6s.
Then I reached the RotaryNet Sevensday Parking area.
MazdaSpeed GTC ,Greddy 9 Street, Greddy Cars , ERC Wide Body to name a few. Imagine 10 rows of about 50 cars each.. all modified somehow. Man I just started taking photos... click click wow click! Once I got to the other end of these cars there just happened to be some workshop demo rx7s. only about 40 of them!!!!! they were getting ready to go onto the race track. All were idling nicely in that Brap Brap you would expect from a PP rx2. They all sounded very meaty.

Then a mazdaspeed with lights on the roof led them on the road down to race track. Some of the sounds of straight cut gears and straight through exhausts were truely LOUD enough to shake your fillings lose. I wandered over to the track. Watched them all go past at about 250Kph down the main straight, some faster than others and some were just cruising. I evidently missed a couple of other runs they had earlier in the day. If I could have read Japanese better as they had a competion for a ride in this event. Oh well we can register for next year. I had enough of watching s6s from a distance so I wantered back to the display area as they were coming back from the track. Had a good look at all the demo cars. RE amemiya had all the Greddy cars including the Gull wing S5 Convertible and the Pink Chop top FD. UGLY!!!!!!

Border had a new widebody KIT ON DISPLAY WHICH WAS AWESOME. R magic, Mazdaspeed, abflug, panspeed,kagotani,famc,knight sports,do eng, ERC, RE wing, etc etc , had a look at the parts they had on display. OH hurry up RACE time. JUN Lancer EVO, TOP Secret GTR, RE Amemiya Rx7, GTR, Burnout Rx7, Panspeed Rx7 and a couple of other Rx7s Awesome. The lightweight GTR blitzed everthing by about 1/2 a lap over 4 laps and he wasnt even trying. The sounds of the turbo as it went by was simple the most awesome thing i have ever heard. Oh well race over. what next.. I ll wander down to the pit and watch the Group A cars getting ready to race.

FEED modifed rx7s , Top secret modified GTRs and Supras, New Porsche Gt2s etc etc all on the trak atr the same time. These were mostly race spec cars but I saw them all driving home after the event. some were truely awesome with 2 meter flames leaping from the exhausts. well not much else to say without making you all feel too bad. oops I already did that. It was awesome and I only spent half a day there. A whole day was needed. I took about 100 pics and also filled my new digital phone camera.

Update of some pics I scanned recently. Ab Flug had two cars on display, This version pink spider is simply amazing.


Anubis 1 was already taking shape.


Garage Arena was showing off some RE-A influence and the Miesters.

This late modes was simple with AVS5 in Chrome


Autoexe in line to enter the track.
Behind RE-Amemiya's G9 and Street9

Border had this car and the widebody.

KS Auto's Panda style car with LE37 wheels looked amazing.

This street spec Cwest car was simple and effective with bronze TE37

Their track car was circulating on course.

Do engineering targeting street use.

ERC had this amazing wide body. ERC 300 aptly named for the JGTC series.

This feed car looks basic in a sea of FD and FC rx7s

Like wise this Knight Sports car with full type 4 kit simply blended in. P1 racing wheels and cage showed the level of street racing in Japan in 2002.

While circuit cars were not ignored either. Knight Sports Grand Effect Aero V

Okada engineering had 3 cars at the event. More known for drag engine building.

But this one had some awesome custom parts.

Pan speed had their red boost up "Street??" car. Yes.
And their yellow car was on track.

RE-Amemiya had many more cars than this Greddy 9 and Ku 9


This GT Replica, The TA car and more.

R-Magic had the circuit SPL

And the N1 Street special with new "Aiz" Eyes

Here is the demo car line up ready for track entry.

R-Spec pressence was awesome. Next to the Spirit R. Just on Sale at this time.

Remember Speed Connection. Famous with okabe Jidosha for Super Taikyu.

Even Top Secret was into rotary tuning in 2002.

I'll update this thread when I find more of my images. 

I took 32meg on an old 1.3megapixel which was a lot in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.