This the Fortune #2 car prepared for the Paris Tuning show. Yokomaku-san volunteered to expand his reach to europe with Newera's help.Here is an extract of an interview with the designer himself which provides a bit of an isight into the process.
"I never draw concepts on paper before I start to shape. The ideas and inspiration are all here in my head. I can shape and create a design directly by hand as a 3D full sized design. Really, I find I work best like this - and this is how I've shaped all my designs from the beginning. The process for making a design starts with foam, which is used to make the initial shape. By shaving it, I can get a clear shape. Next, I cover the foam shapes in glass fibre, which gives the shape rigidity and is like putting a bandage over one's skin. "
Once the glass fibre's hardened, I apply clay - and this allows me to shape to exactly how I want the car to be. Then, once that stage is completed, I spray the bodywork with primer, so I can check and completely erradicate any minor imperfections. Upon completion of the design, I use the 3 dimensional plotter to log the complete shape of the design to within 0.1mm. With this data, I can re-create the work by reversal of the operation. I can also use the 3 dimensional plotter to enable me to get exact symmetry between each side of the design and so get a perfect design as I complete it."We saw this car in preparation in 2004 and there is a feature on Fast East and Extreme.
Check www.neweramedia.com for more info.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.