"Greeting sportsfans!Welcome to the Rev Speed Super Lap Battle for 2008.
In attendance are Japan's cream of the tuning scene, who are all vying for the super lap record at the world famous Tsukuba circuit."
Commentary over. when you are greeted in the first few minutes with sights of the Open class Revolution FD. It's a good day!
Street class requires shaken inspection and road tyres. The Fujita engineering beast was struggling for traction all day. 500+hp and Neova.. hahaha. Thats a fight you're not going to win with this tyre.
As I took some pics Fujita-san blasted the throttle a few times before the driver entered. Ear shattering!
On the track it looked great also! In the morning wet, the car was basically useless. no traction and the top driver fighting massive oversteer as the rear would break loose under the huge power. The car was in and out of the pits for adjustment.
TiRacing on the other hand circulated lap after fast lap in their street car. Awesome reliability and don't go too far. This is how you tune an FD for the street.
The lighting all day was strong. My little camera in only an IXY compact. it does it's best, but on days like today... miles from the track, it's tough.
I clicked away, then I used it for some video I will post later.
TiRacing under the bridge. All day I was watching the sun reflection on the carbon bonnets. I needed a super slow mo camera to capture that though.
pan speed came out for one lap to test the track conditions.
Then there was a flurry of activity near the pit.
The Screen Powers FD also got some attention.
Then i was sitting at the pit wall, when the Revolution FD blasted past, spinning it's 295 rear tyres the whole way up pit lane. Cool!
I raced out to get some pics.
Dino, Adam and others will have better ones. Their equipment is bigger than mine... (camera that is) haha.
Screen car also was circulating well. but the track was only producting 59 second runs, which for these cars is very slow.
On track the Revolution car is sooooo cool. Up the straight, the noise is insane.
The Street Class re-appeared for the second session.The mines GTR didn't stay in front for long BTW.
One more of the Fujita car.
Then it happened.... Pan speed entry.
One more of the Fujita car.
Then it happened.... Pan speed entry.Pan Speed shakedown and pit activity....
Pan speed. 56 seconds
Revolution 56 seconds...
This is what i heard over the speaker. "55.261." which I believe is a new RWD tsukuba record. But according to the Revolution Blog they didn't hit 55? Whats going on? I will retract this and wait for more info. Revo site says 56.08, 56.18 Sorry for misinfo.
Pan speed. 56 seconds
Revolution 56 seconds...
This is what i heard over the speaker. "55.261." which I believe is a new RWD tsukuba record. But according to the Revolution Blog they didn't hit 55? Whats going on? I will retract this and wait for more info. Revo site says 56.08, 56.18 Sorry for misinfo. Preliminary results from the board. Top three on the day.
Cyber Evo 55.281 so thats my mistake.... I misheard the time for the cars on track at the same time. Doh! oh well. I'm glad I'm not professional... haha.
Revo TA2 56.094
Pan Speed 56.751
So there you go...
"Well it's time to sign off and say Sayonara.... to the Rev Speed Tsukuba Super Lap Battle for 2008. This has been Russell signing off for RE-Xtreme."





No comments:
Post a Comment
Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.