Thursday, 1 January 2009

Happy New Year 2008


Happy New Year for 2009 and I hope everyone has enjoyed RE-Xtreme in 2008.

As 2009 is upon us. I was looking at an archive of FD pictures wondering what to put on the blog for the 2009 image. I settled on the AutoExe wind tunnel shot from 2000 maybe.

Would a tuning company be doing this to a next gen Rx7 after 10 years of service?

Thats 2020 folks.

I have owned 2 FC3s and 2 FD3s Rx7s and I was wondering what my next rotary( if I did actually return to ownership in these wild economic times) would be.

It would probably only be the next generation of RX7.

But that got me thinking about the future of the Rx7. With 11 years of production from Mazda and some 7 more years of development from tuners. It makes you ask, How good is the next one going to be? OR is it going to be?

Will it go on for another 20 years of service like the FD? Will it go into motorsport? Will it run the Wangan or run the Bonneville Salt flats? Will it blitz the C1? Will it be a midnight hasiriya's dream to run it on the touge? Will it generate the following of the FD?

Are any of the above actually able to be done anymore? The GT-R has been a good indicator to ability and unusability of ability. Where everything is limited and constrained until you pay for a track day to unleash the power within. The NSX cancellation is a worrying sign also.

As I ponder the future for tuning cars and the need for Mazda's next rotary sports car. Mazda is probably wondering the same thing.

In 2009 are they going to cancel the next Rx7 or continue to develop the best thing to ever come from Mazda for the next 20 years or one possible future?

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.