Saturday, 13 November 2010

1/24 Version Updates


If you want to make a replica of your car, often 1/24 modelling is a good way to do that, but sometimes it isn't as easy as you think.


Getting wheels in the right size is the main problem, these CE28N are 19". Oops need to paint the brakes...
 

You can do some funky stuff though, ever seen an FD with large red chrome plated wire wheels.


Now you have. such is the beauty of modelling.


My recent attempts to finish my Version I replica came up short, the wheels I selected didn't work to replicate the bronze rays I had, so I went for wheels I would have purchased.


19" volk GT-C do the trick.


Version II was a pain because there is no FEED kit available, hand DIY body is the only recourse. Lickily the Greddy 9 is available for my front bumper. hand sculpting rear wing, craft mirrors and many other items meant this took a long time.

Advan RS were released during the build. I was using some from a diecast model, but these are more accurate.

These days I don't have time to build these so my 1/12 and 2 other 1/24 cars lie waiting for some days / weeks / years to come.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.