Wednesday, 30 March 2011
RE-Focus
Web Site Categories:
Blog - Main
Hello everyone.
I'm back in Japan after a break and facing some issues like everyone else. What the future holds is unclear at this point.
My car's direction seemed clear 3 weeks ago, having finally settled on parts and committing to pursue the FD owners dream.
But now everything is based on an undecided future. Gasoline has inmmediatley gone from 143->169 yen per liter during this 2 week period.
In the few days after the earthquake in Japan, limited damage to the highway system was experienced. These roads are now re-opened.
Trucks and city traffic returned and life seems normal. However it's not exactly the same. The once vibrant tokyo has a quieter side these days.
I fired up the FD this morning and went for a little drive around the streets this morning in search of Sakura as it is the cherry blossom season. Not yet. Maybe next week.
I went for a drive around my area near Tokyo Disneyland (Urayasu City is actually badly effected by the quake) There are many visible signs of damage. But workers are out in massive numbers trying to restore normality.
I consider myself very lucky to have avoided the worst, but a strange feeling remains.
Don't expect too many updates from RE-Xtreme in the near future. I'll try to continue this site, but as Tsukuba is closed and D1 has been delayed, there isn't too much happening as you may expect.
Other countires seem uneffected. So there maybe a re-focus for the short term.
Russ.
5 comments:
Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Good to see that you are doing ok,Russ. I hope that Japan will rebuild those areas devistated by the quake and fix the problems with the nuclear plant.
ReplyDeleteWhat does the future hold for you in Japan Russ?
Did you go back to Australia for the 2 weeks ?
ReplyDeleteShocked by how much petrol's gone up there !! Here it reaches $1.50/litre on the worst of days so it's still pretty decent.
Yes, I was in OZ, around WRC Country.
ReplyDeleteI was driving around in a PULP guzzling Forester GT and a big 2000kg lump of Commodore Wagon.
They pale in comparison to my FD though.
I probably get the same economy at idle.
haha.
Russ.
Was it some kind of racing event ?
ReplyDeleteno,
ReplyDeleteI just meant that I went to the area around Coffs Harbour is where the WRC Rally round will be held.
Nice place.
Russ.