Tuesday, 26 April 2011

1/24 Grid


 Latest monsterpiece is rough enough to show.


So I always get sidetracked in my projects. This one was no different. It started from the need to purchase clear light covers for another car that I "misplaced". and then It was just your regular build. I thought about red, but as I was painting the base coat, the white and red in my hands gave me an idea.


Why not make a Marlboro style livery. At the moment I don't have/ haven't made any Marlboro decals and with time, I probably wont. so this is as close as it will prbably get. No clear coat, and no lights.


This one still requires painted chassis. The chassis is always a pretty boring task for me, as they aren't scale on Fujimi kits, they rarely get the attention they deserve. Fron A arms are just staright bars, and the exhaust requires a full change. So these two are basically... Done.


I pulled out some older ones, for a look in the sun. They aren't so great up close, but still cool. The one's I took my time with are prefect however.

If you are building a 1/24 scale plastic model. None of them are perfect. They are just not "right" .

Tamiya, Aoshimi & Fujimi kits all have their flaws and different shapes. But the results still look cool.

Russ.



2 comments:

  1. Who has the newest tooling, are these kits really a wash? Do you have a favorite, per se?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourite...? Always the newest one.. haha

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.