Sunday, 4 June 2006

Aqua-Line


Laying in the depths underneath Tokyo Bay is a 15klm straight piece of road that begs for full trottle. It consists of 4.4 km of bridge starting from the Kisarazu side and roughly 9.5 km of tunnel from the Kawasaki side. Its not much to look at and it is exactly that, straight, boring and long. To shorten the experience, add a 500+ hp machine and remove the speed limiter. Now you are ready to head into the tunnel.


In the centre there is a rest stop called Umi Hoteru "Sea Hotel" that allows for cooldown from 2 mins of constant full throttle.

The reason why you can go 300klm an hour here is that the road is empty. With the toll costing $30 one way for cars and $130 for trucks, which has halved in recent times from 7500 yen for cars, it is no wonder it became a legendary place for top speed runs in the wee hours of the morning. I paid my 3000 yen and made sure I got my money's worth.

Check the link for an insight into this insane waste of Japanese taxpayers money. But I am glad they made it. I love these technological wonders that can only happen in one of the worlds richest economies. Don't worry when those information boards start flashing at you, Just keep the hammer down.

http://www.pref.chiba.jp/syozoku/b_soukei/keikaku/outline/aqua-gaiyo-e.html

Yahoo Map

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.