Thursday, 15 June 2006

FD Plastic Models


If you cant afford the real thing, then dont worry. One of the options you have is to build the plastic models you remember from being a kid. I was lucky enough as a child to have a father who owned a hobby shop. This allowed me to become familiar with the mighty Japanese brands like Fujimi, Tamiya and Aoshima.

These are the main companies that still produce new Fd kits to this day. Buying one in Australia will cost $70AUD so thats nuts! In Japan 1200yen will get you a kit so I have quite a collection. The latest offering is from Fujimi in the form of the RE-Amemiya AD GT widebodykit version that was seen in Initial D and now also appears as the blue Time Attack car.

Over the last few years many different versions have appeared from all three manufacturers and have included R-Magic, C-West, Border, Amemiya and of course, Mazdaspeed. I have over 30 FD kits and I am still yet to double up... maybe? So for something to waste some time and take you back to childhood. Get a Plastic ( pura model ) kit and test your tiny fingers.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.