Thursday, 15 June 2006

Diecast Models


Want a solid replica of your car thats more robust than plastic? Then you have some options. Recently JADA have some very affordable,not so scale, Fds that you can butcher and shape to create your own replica. They come with extra wheels and other parts you can use to change them to the way you like. If you like them the way they are that's all well and good, But I tend to modify them further.

Having recently rebuilt a few cars that came with figures in an Initial D form, I continued to create replicas of myself and friends. Fooboy and I have a replica of his black Fd3s seen elsewhere on my blog and I have a white widebody, C-west fronted car that I will repaint when I can find some clours to match my previous Fd.

I have remodified some 1/24 die cast cars from Hotworks but they are a bit fiddly when doing metalwork so the 1/18 base is a good size.

For more scale items, Kyosho make a great replica with working steering and more opening compartments than the real thing and the detail is amazing. If you can't see your car when it's in the garage, then this is the next best thing.

1/18 from http://www.jadatoys.com/
1/24 from http://www.hotworksracing.com/

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.