My friend Miguel, from Newera Imports/Parts has one of the best street FD3s RX7s around. Slowly tuned from stock by himself with help from knight sports it now represents 431 bhp @ the wheels and handles like you wouldn't believe an FD could with help from Nishiki suspension tuners.
Every aspect of the car has been changed.
A long time ago when I left Japan for the first time, I built a basic replica of the car. Recently a few more updates to the car including Knight Sports rear valance and some damage to the replica prompted a rebuild of the mini Newera FD3s.
I swapped off a lot of parts and now the replica is much more accurate. I custom made a Knight sports rear bar, RE-Amemiya lip spoiler and reshaped the wing to match, however the wide wing stays are a "hotworks" design and can't really be changed. Fujita Side skirts are hard to see in these pics. Interior detail is also up to par.
Mazdaspeed MS-01 were added and the carbon has all been refreshed as the new modelling detail you can buy these days is amazing.
I also made some custom decals for the "Mt Fuji 7" number plates and the stickers for http://www.neweraimports.com/ and http://www.neweraparts.com/ on the rear window
I just need to buy a display case so it doesn't "accidentally" break again.
Now about that drive as payment.... hehe!
Russ.




Russ, Anytime you wanna drive it, it's at your disposal mate.... I took it to Fuji circuit yesterday and the diff is making strange noises. Maybe a broken clutch disc inside the 2 way LSD. Not sure yet.... but other than that, it's all good. Got 2.03 lap, which wasn't bad considering there were about 50 GT-R's on the track as well, so a bit of traffic..
ReplyDelete