Here is my version of coooooooool.
This started as an idea for a drift car from a BN Sports wide kit, but soon evolved into something more sinister. The RE-Xtreme LM Concept! I really want to build a race car, so I have been looking at JGTC cars from around the late 90's for inspiration because they really aren't so far from a current time attack car.
But when "I" think about a race car, it soon gets way out of hand.
So I start with the BN body, which actually has good dimensions for a race car, and added a big splitter up front and canards and there would be a full underbody with double diffusser. RE-Amemiya small mirrors give a retro feel and the Scoot bonnet gives a racers look. Sleek Lights add a Le Mans Style endurance racer feel backed up by Knight Sports IV inspired front lamp pods for all night vision without goggles.
Then came the idea for retro style wheels also with a meaty dish. Work Miester S1 3 piece wheels in rediculous - offset, but still only 18". BN have used these before, so it was a logical choice. The body is soo low in the first place that the ride height is not decreased so much enabling good balance and geometry.
This is a stripped chassis, seem welded with integrated cage. The engine is of course 26B 4 rotor NA Peri for that F1 sound and power limited to 700hp for reliability of 2 sprint races per rebuild or 1 Enduro. haha!
Go the whole 24 hours and drive your arse off!!
Here is a very rough more realistic minimalist approach based on a car for sale right now. I added Panasport G7 wheels splitter & canards, lights and bonnet. (original picture quality was not good.)
If 1 lap of TA is enough for your pleasure, then go for a more up to date TA look. Just change the wheels to Advan RS and run the 13b with a big single turbo and to no limit of boost. The small rear pic is where I started. I just added a diffuser and a Knight Sports dual flap rear wing. Looked cool so I went further.
Can I stop myself building the real one..? Hmmmm. thats easy.
As my friend tom says... "NO MONEY, NO RACE."
Sponsors anyone? ......
Russ.



Thats damn hot Russ good designs.
ReplyDelete