Recently, followers of my site will have noticed some changes to layout and content.
I tried to make the site content rich, but basically it became very slow with polls and ratings for posts. So I have relocated all the pretty stuff and I am currently still making some changes to the final designs. One big change is the TAB Menu at the top, It's not complete yet but I'm slowly including the style of static content things I want at the top.
If anyone has anything to add to my posts, please do so by comments. I enjoy reading them.
Now available in the Directory is the RE-Xtreme Map of Japanese Rotary Tuners! You can use the previous link, but its permanent home will be in the directory tab. It took a long time for what purpose? I already have all the links on my site. If anything, it gives you an idea of how spread out the tuners are. With Google's Street View sometimes you can get a look at the shops and an idea for the size of them also.
It's pretty slow due to soo many place markers, but have fun looking around Japan. I made another of driving roads, but it didn't work so well. Google's products have issues sometimes.
What are the plans for RE-Xtreme since I don't have one these days? I'm not sure. While I am thinking about purchasing, it won't be in the next few months. But there maybe some things in the works.
I'll still be covering a few things so stay tuned.
Russ.



Hi Russ! I'm definitely a regular reader but i don't really ever comment, I think i might comment more if it were a little easier, like with some of the other car blogs i read (thinking NORIYARO or Auto Otaku).
ReplyDeleteBTW the rotary tuner map is a wicked idea! Makes me want to put something similar together for all the VW tuners here in Canada (or maybe North America would be better) :)
keep up the Xtreme!
hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....
ReplyDeleteHi Russ,
ReplyDeleteI am also a regular reader but I find it quite cumbersome and mundane by having to log into my google account just to post a comment. Your blog would be a lot more user friendly if your comment section did not require a log in of some type in order to post. Your directory is a fantastic source of information for not just the FD but for the whole late market tuning scene and beyond which I constantly frequent. In saying that, I would give it a more appropriate title rather than just "directory" as I believe many people would make great use of a page devoted to practically all the tuning companies in Japan and around the world. It seems your sites content has drifted to the more event based posts which is ok but my favourite posts have always been the random cool RX7 that you have stumbled upon on the net or yahoo Japan as I find these cars to be most inspiring and accessible to the everyday enthusiast like myself and I would like to see more posts like these. Anyway I hope you can put this feedback to good use.
James.
See how it goes,
ReplyDeleteThe google Blogger commenting system is shit I admit.
I opened up the commenting a little, but spam was a bit of an issue when I tried before.
As far as random FDs go.
I have a whole hard drive full of them, I may start cleaning it out eventually.
See what I can find.
Well that's what moderations for! Anyway looking forward to future updates.
ReplyDelete