OK. World Time Attack is approaching and some wicked cars will be heading to prove their best times.
While most of us can never attempt to get the best time. I would like to hit up something like this. In fact the exterior modifications will only run up limited expense and costs could be kept to a minimum. Carrying on from the LM concept. BN Sports DEFEND Wide body kit is among the cheapest around and depending on the level you finish at could become something fun in the TA / Weekend race realm.
These days the new TE37 SL has been shaved and thickened, refined and made current. And if there is ever an ultimate JDM wheel this is it. So this concept will have a set of these. The Defend kit can certainly accomodate 18x11 +18 and maybe even needs some spacers.
The red version is actually pretty stock. With the addition of a front splitter 2000mm rear wing.
Both cars wear Craft Square mirrors, a fave of mine. The Yellow version adds Uras style canards, ducted side skirts, better intercooler super GT style ducting and bonnet venting although the BN version is not bad. There is an unseen flat undertray and rear difusser for downforce heaven. I didn't bother about lights. Just remove the internals for a weight reduction.
Red version is stock. There has to be a million stock FD engines in the world for spares and they should be cheap. There were 800,000 fd3s made. Run at reliable low boost these will still be fun in a car lightened to 1050kg or so. Yellow is high tune 700+hp 13b single turbo if you get the urge and finances to go further.
For me, something like the red car will satisfy my racetrack desires. I definately realise that there are many more costs involved than just body, wheels and engine but these are an inspiration point. You will note some traqmate sponsorship to improve my driving more than the car too. So I think I've set a goal for myself. It may take some years and some hard work but there is a target.
Is this RE-Xtreme Version III? Maybe.
Russ.
Pushing the concept a little further led to Border-Racing Type III light covers and RX8 headlight parts. (I guess I need lights) Carbon side skirt exensions
I considered this concept for a one make race series like A1GP. each country represented. Could be cool!
Australia.
Japan
United Kingdom
United States
New Zealand
etc








I tell you now, that FD would become iconic if it were to be produced.
ReplyDelete