Monday, 9 August 2010

7's Day - Tsukuba - Brad's Perspective

Having another lens and another camera at an event always provides another perspective. Even get some shots of me.


Brad Trenwith from Australia, is a Time Attack freak with his matt black machine circulating at TA events based in South Australia.
Seen here having fun with Bomber from Option's Drift Tengoku vids.

Early in the morning, we met up for some directions then he managed to find his way to Tsukuba in the Rental machine.

Brad says, "Here are a few of the pics I took at 7's day. These are not edited at all either, so apologise if the cropping or colour is not 100%.

There were some incredible cars. The panspeed car was up on stands and they let me get under it and take as many pics as I wanted, but, they are for the private collection, sorry. "
 
He also accompanied me to Daikoku and Umi Hoteru then went on to tour Japan. There is more to come.
 
I'll just add some captions.
Some of the tuning shops around tsukuba and full of wrecked GT-Rs, Civics etc all probably track day victims.

Obviously keen to see some FDs. This one at the shops.

And in the car park.

Sometimes I forget the cool things being in Japan. Get to the Win!!! Japlish at it's best?

So I'll keep this post a bit human. 2 FD models on the dash.

I also let Brad take care of the Details as his camerawork is pretty good and owning a time attack FD himself, he was keen to look in around and under.

4 Rotor.

Count em

R-Magic engine bay.

Revolution from a distance
Winglets are getting out of control

Dori king in the background.

Turbo in the foreground

Garage 31 work is impeccable.


Circuit tune.


Cage


Dash and interior.

This emblem means RS Pantera 3 rotor.

So do these cutouts for drag reduction.. You rearely see twin pipes on an FD these days.

And the engine bay.
And the Carbon and black exterior complete with rusty bon-pins.

He hunted under here for ideas.

And met some stars.

Is it an FD.

These are Family Wagon rear lights.

Enjoy the race...

New and Old.
Re-Amemiya Drift Rear Brakes... Big.

3 Rotors

If you can see them... count em.

I'll count these... 2 of those, 4 of those, 2 of those, 4 of those... hmmm.

Me in the way of a good shot. Now you can see what I mean about bad equipment.
Gotta get another DSLR again one day.

Pit in, Thumbs Up

Off again.

Chased by Revolution

Ta-1.. Still can't believe this is a street car.

Chasing, or being chased. rear angle is awesome on the Super Touge Monster  9Kyu ko.

I've seen Ama-san so many times, I forget to take shots of him these days. Brad spied the ledgend.

He headed over to the other side of the track and captured the Pan Speed car in Action.

Checked out the regular guys.

These are the regular guys, no pit crew. Self funded pilots like most of us.

I think anything Black catches Brad's eye.

There's plenty to look at up close too.
And from behind. 1/2 MS-GTC, old style finisher, and diffuser..

Here is Andrew and I talking about something car related... Probably my love for the

Super Greddy 3. Another shot, just in case you missed it before....did you?


And here he is doing a lap of the car park with his show bags. T-shirts, caps, towels, etc etc etc.

We were exhausted in the heat, so headed out. And took these shot's as we left.

There is something smoother about the red on red lights than the silver car from Koseki at Scoot.

Semi- Central exhaust port and diffuser.

Another one of me in the background... I'll tell myself to get out of the way... "Get out of the way or make a stupid gesture."

Brad is posting on the  Australian FD Owners Forum, Join the Dingos, Drongos, Yobbos and good people.

I'll leave you with the stupid gesture"... No.1 Baby! Thanks Brad!

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.