Monday, 6 September 2010

RE-Xtreme Project 7:13.

 RE-Xtreme Project 7:13.

What makes a car like this one divide people.  People these days judge very quickly and say their feelings. Including me. Recent comments on SpeedHunters.com reflect that.

These days the options and variation in the tuning WORLD can create any style you love. My style is heavily influenced from JDM Drift and Time Attack. I will be using this for my next project 7:13.

I feel the BN sports kit retains the curves of the FD3s. In fact it absolutely slams them and over accentuates every one, then it adds the low and deep flares that made the drift style famous. I chose an accentuated aero-euro Mazdaspeed style rear wing for this chop to retain some celebration of the 1990's period and what serious track RX7 doesn't feature some kind of sleek lights. RAYS TE37 SL wheels were recently released in 19" designs. RAYS epitomize (did you think that word was wrong?) the Japanese scene and the panda colouring with a carbon vented bonnet is another example originating in and almost defining Japanese tuning.

For my project "7:13"B I added some raised lettering under the paint for subtlty and modified the front bar for my own stamp on this. Rear bar will be heavily modded along the Knight Sports line and of course there will be a monster diffuser eventually. About the only thing I haven't chopped here are some craft square mirrors.

So this is the direction I want to take for my project. I have been flip flopping between normal or wide body, but the answer is both. 7:13A will be something 100% stock. Maybe a renewed 199x Efini Rx7 and this Widebody 7:13B Drift/Attacker.

I'll be trying to finalise everything and kick it off before the end of the 2010.

Russ.

BTW 19" Time attack CE28N. JD YuM.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, we make that same kit, I our kit also has the bn z3 gills deleted, well actually we make both. Looks good , I like the BN kit in white. Do you mind if I use your pictures on our website? Let me know, Thanks!

    I've been a fan of your rextreme blogs for some time, how to the heck do you get so much FD3S information?! / pics?!

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.