There was a time in Australia when the coolest RX-7s were the simplest. Reliable modifications and stock body with Mazdaspeed parts reigned.
Aaron Foo's FD was one such car. well known in the rotary scene for minimal coolness. As Aaron and I became friends, I eventually made a replica for him.
I went a bit further and replicated Myself and Aaron in 1:18 also. The result was quite special.
Jada Initial D cars came with Keisuke and Takumi figures that I resculpted into life like replicas of Aaron (Left) and myself (making those glasses was terrible.)
Large scale like this is excelled for details. Working in Metal is good and bad, but if you put in the effort, it will usually turn out better. The result is strong and easily displayed as a lasting memory.
Russ.







now that is cool :) I have one of those Jada FD's on the shelf, if I can find another one I plan to paint it up in BP Visco colours from the 12hr race :D
ReplyDeleteI have more.
ReplyDeleteI'll be loading them over the next few days.
My Jada collection got out of control. I had two build two dedicated shelves for them. HAHA>!