Friday, 19 February 2010

RE-Xtreme Virtual Showroom

When you have no cash like me. You can still dream of the ultimate garage. Recently, I discovered Google's 3d sketchup and a few people have already created FD3s RX7 3d models including the Fast and Furious versions.

In my sprawling virtual garage sits a three car race team of already created models in the Monster Garage livery.
From the "bar/theatre" you can see the workshop.


Also from the kitchen / living area. Luckily most of these items are already modelled and it's just a matter of placement but it still hurts because ...

 
Of course I can't leave anything standard, so I already have a modified time attacker and more to come.

The rectangle and triangle are your friends and you had better have some time. If youve seen avatar you will soon get an appreciation for the work and frustration involved in 3D modelling. some others out there I applaud because they have done a great job replicating many things. RHD interior please!

 
Yes, I even have a pool, RC track, and because everything is infinately scalable... an exact replica of the other cars in 1/10 scale.

I don't recommend this actually. Its the worlds biggest time waster. Yes, more than blogging.

Russ.

2 comments:

  1. I would probably do the same thing if i had the time, ive got my plan in my head already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try it out.

    all the models are online.

    Just draw some boxes and its like moving in.

    put this here. put that there.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.