Tuesday, 7 December 2010

GT-5 FD3s RX-7 Drift Settings.

As I have discovered, there are a lot of you out there drifting in the GT5 online space with FD3s.

I am not saying these are the best or even good settings, but they are a starting point.

Point 1. Power vs Usable Power.
I chose to keep the smallest turbo upgrade for the best instant wheelspin

Point 2. Traction and Control vs Slide
Comfort Sports tyres give good results if you keep the contact patch on the rear.
This setting can manage fast sustained drifts and long handbrake applications. The rest is driver skill.

RX7 Spirit R TYPE A (FD) '02 - RE-Xtreme Drift Spec.
Titanium Grey Metallic
474 hp
1051Kg

Autumn Ring Mini drift score for me 1 lap is about 15000.


GT-Auto Parts
Front Lip
Rear Wing - 15
Wheels Rays GT-S (Titanium Grey Metallic)

Engine
Ecu Tuning
Engine Tune - Stage 3
Intake - Sports Intake Manifold
Intake - Racing Air Filter
Exhaust - Sports Exhaust Manifold
Exhaust - Sports Catalytic Converter
Exhaust - Titanium Racing Exhaust
Turbo Kit - Low RPM Range Turbo Kit

Body / Chassis
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Re-inforcement.

Suspension
Fully Customizable Kit
Settings:
Ride Height - Fr: -20 Rr: -20
Spring Rate - Fr: 14 Rr: 11

Dampers Extension - Fr: 9 Rr: 7
Dampers Compression - Fr: 9 Rr: 7

Anti-Roll Bars - Fr: 7 Rr: 4
Alignment Settings:
Camber - Fr: -2.8 Rr: -0.8

Toe - Fr: +-0 Rr: 0.37
Tyres:
Front Tyres - Comfort Soft.
Rear Tyres - Comfort Soft.

Efini RX-7 Type R FD ('91) - RE-Xtreme Drift Spec.

435 hp
1043Kg

Autumn Ring Mini good drift score for me 1 lap is about 14000.


Still playing with this one.
Basically the same suspension and mods but '91 has less power.
I selected the mid range turbo for a little more grunt.
Any bigger turbo and when the revs drop off, it wont boost quick enough to spin 'em
So I made a few mods to make the engine spool a bit quicker.

Crystal White
GT-Auto Parts

Front Canards
Rear Wing - 15
Wheels Rays VR.G2 (Competition Yellow)

Turbo Kit Mid Range (at the moment).
Carbon Drive Shaft
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD

I have also seen a lot of RE-Amemiya Touge Monsters tuned for drift and the Super GT car. Had some nice tandem runs but my spec is faster with more traction under sliding.

Please let me know any better settings.
If you see me online "RE-Xtreme". Chat away.

Russ.

1 comment:

  1. I actually use a Z34, which surprisingly is very smooth for drifting (and around the corners too.) But since I can't use anything but a supercharger for a big power boost, it's been hard for me to get good traction without ruining my ability to slide to the outer line.

    I think I might have to go FD3S too, or a Supra, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.