My name is Myles. I am an Australian that has been living in Japan for the past 2 years. This was my first chance to get to a 07/07 7's day track event, and I am glad that I went.I have seen most of the cars before at various events and last years 7's day at Daikoku parking area, but this was the first time to actually see them in action and really being pushed as they should be.
The styling on this scoot car is very unique, it looks like its straight from Japanese sci-fi animation. I have never like the scoot bonnet, but with the wheel covers and smooth styling it overall looks good.
open wide, it shows how warm it was on the day every part of the cars was open, bonnet to boot. In Australia the 86 and variants are very popular due to the popularity of Inital D\ Tsuchiya-drift king. I have never seen one with a 13b though.This car would later take part in the drift runs and eventually a 4 car train which was great to watch.
I really like dark colour cars, and black FDs are very tough, but after owning a dark purple\black FC its very hard to keep them clean. The black FD car was very loud and very fast on track, it was first in its group. I loved the stance on both of these cars.
Everything during the day was non stop racing, there was always cars on track which is fantastic for a spectator like me. Here another group get ready for their entry onto the track.
You cant have rotaries without flames, as this FD showed time and time again. Its interesting to see the colour coded tape that people are starting to use, another yellow FD had yellow tape.
I don't even remember taking this picture, the drifting was great to watch so I wanted to do nothing but sit and stare, especially at this point when they started running 4 car trains. In one instance the drift samurai in the bone coloured FC had a sight touch and spun but of course soldiered on afterwards. The rear R-Magic D1 car left continuous black lines around almost the whole circuit.
This class of cars was very diverse. Here you can see all three generations of rx7.
Im a big fan of the original sa22c rx7, I still have one in back in Aus that runs on LPG. This guy unlike a lot of cars was running at full speed for the whole session.
I got to Daikoku PA at around 7:30 and it was already full. I thought last year was busy this year was just pure chaos. Not long after I arrived the exit became blocked as more and more cars tried to find places to park, and consequently nobody could actually leave even if they wanted to so everything came to a stand still. The police station backs onto the parking area so in standard Japanese police style they yelled at everyone via the speaker system, and as the road was at a standstill even the police cars could not move (not that they really cared, their job is to drive that car and yell at things- nothing else). After a while the roads started to move and people started to leave. For me after seeing all the newer cars at tsukuba I was really drawn towards the older cars, their looks, sound and smell of what driving a rotary car is all about.
This car sounded and smelled best of all!
It was quickly surrounded by like minded fans, the driver looked about 70 years old (I hope I still have a 7 at 70).
07/07 also means its a special day for the owners of similarly numbered cars, here a lotus 7 group hides in the corner. This is another 7 I hope to own one day.
When I first saw this car I didnt know what to think or even what it was. I realised it was based on an FC, and was insanely wide in everyway possible.
It was even more confusing as it is left hand drive, and talk about RED!
The old RE-Amemiya logos were all over the car, and Russ later told me this is the Greddy III car that was originally red. http://www.re-amemiya.co.jp/retuden/c_d_greddy.html according to this site was debuted at the 1991 Tokyo autosalon.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.