I am always building something. So here is a look at the latest craziness.
Recently, I finally completed my Version II replica 2 years after I sold the real car. It took so long that Aoshima released a bunch of wheels and among them were Advan RS.
With these and a replacement set of RE-Amemiya light covers (that I lost), the car was finally finished.
In order to aquire some parts for other things. I needed to purchase another Greddy 9, recently re-released in new box, but the same inside. The previous Advan's I had set aside found a new home. They are not so scale.
I also needed this Fujimi Project D to complete the replica so minus some key items, it will become another time attacker. Maybe Rays G2 will find a home here.
It looks awesome with SSR Professor VF1 but I may have to hack these or buy another set because I discovered something nice.
The Lips are easily usable to make some GT-C super dished, or some RAYS VR. G2 a scrumptions dished wheel.
The time attack body I am slowly working on needs something this dished to work. At the moment the fenders are dangerously thin.
I went through my wheel collection and pulled out the 20" Gram Lights R57 GT, they have a bit of a dish already. These are both fronts by the way. In the top picture I added a deep dish as seen below also. I found an answer. R57 GT + SSR-Lip I think I'll have to buy another set for lips, because I like to keep options open.
Probably another 2 years, these will be finished too. HAHA.
Maybe then I can start my 1/12th FD.
Russ.










man you defiantly need to get a new car
ReplyDeleteIt wouldn't matter,
ReplyDeleteI've been building them since I was a kid.
My father had a hobby store.
I have about 40 Fd3s 1/24 scale cars I guess.
It can be extremely difficult to get recognized on your own. That is not because you are not good enough; it is because it is hard for a new model to be noticed.
ReplyDeleteElite Models
I love automated comment bots...
ReplyDeleteReally appropriate targeting of content.
This is why I don't unleash the comment box altogether.
My GT-Roadster blog gets all sorts of Chinese comment attacks.
:O Models look sick man. You on any forums?
ReplyDeleteAlso, never knew about SSR wheels. I always used to just use pegasus sleeves to add dish but they never looked real as they dont have the step up lip =/
Not recently.
ReplyDeleteI used to post on automotive forums.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/
Automotive art/car modelling/
Might upload another.