Monday, 17 January 2011

TAS 2011 - RE-Amemiya 9 Touge Monster


The RE-Amemiya Number9 Touge Monster is a car we have seen before. Take a look at the contrast between the new model and the new additions.


This car pushes 401hp from its twin turbo & Level Man Intercooler setup.


Older light setup uses painted covers. Another obvious reason for the change.


This car runs small canards for aero trimming.


Very tacky fake green carbon look dash panels are showing their age.


This car doesn't have the air bag dash, so the meters are cut into the passenger dashboard. Small carbon shift knob is cool.



New Enkei PF-01 are fitted now to this car. It now looks even better. 18x9.5J and bigger are now available in Japan. Previously all sizes were a bit small for the FD and GT-R so I had a bit of a winge to the Enkei guy about how the US sizes were unavailable in Japan... then he showed me the new catalog. I was happy.


Up close, the callipers and brakes show their age. But the wheels POP! 


I'm guessing at offsets here. New sizes for PF-01 are +15 , +35 or +45
I will say +35 because they sit inside a bit from the TS concept sizes. Still theres a good 6~9mm spacer on there. Guessing is part of the solution.


I'm guessing why these dimples exist at all. I'd smooth them out If I fitted this kit.


Rears seem a similar size, however theres a huge spacer on these. so the +35 seems about right.
Tyres are 265/35-18 Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 on all corners. Thats a lot of grip up front.


Rear gate on this is still super smooth.  With the larget GT wing, it just keeps getting better. A proven very fast car, this is a bit of legend car already with two Touge titles. Bring on Gunma CSC this year. Bring your challengers.

Russ.

6 comments:

  1. And that car is fast on the touge! Nothing beats balance.High hp is not just the solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic car... I still can't quite bring myself to love the tailgate though. Maybe I need to see it "in the metal" - sometimes pictures don't give the full impact. Maybe next year I'll get to TAS (been saying that for a while now!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes
    Pictures don't do it justice
    It's amazing how low the rear is
    Recently I'm appreciating more styling choices
    I'm not so bi-polar anymore
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this car. Do you know if the twins run sequentially or are they non-sequential? Also any links to the touge vids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the twins are still the stock sequential, unless RE-A have somehow made them not to work sequentially...Russ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Still stock twins, but mapping and that big intercooler reveals 401 hp!
    This is the limit for those turbos.

    Late model turbos already have some weakpoints so be careful.

    I'd like to See Ama-san do some high flow twins like others are doing but they have their issues also. no1 Heat and manifold cracking!

    russ.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.