Saturday, 15 January 2011

TAS 2011 - RE-Amemiya Hurricane 7


OK, It's an obvious choice to start with this machine. I have watched it grow for over a year and it's finally ready.


Officially known as the RE雨宮 Hurricane 7 20B. The isobars in this livery are really swirling around. Yes it's the real deal. RE-Amemiya Super GT Body Kit.
It's a strange reason why they chose Hurricane rather than Typhoon which is Japanese. Hurricane, Typhoon, Cyclone or Storm. Whatever you call it, hold on because it's coming!


The camera flash hitting the front really highlights the cool coat paint on the radiator. Frontal impact is certainly there. Koseki-san from scoot chatting in the background. He did the suspension design on this car with full SGT style inboard oil cylinders and Quantum Dampers & Swift Springs.


Now, before you get all gooey, you will notice the stance... we'd all like to see it an each lower for a show like TAS.


Ama-san and his team attracted all the other fd tuners during the Event. Here chatting with Pan-Speed's engineer among others.


Rear has a big impact also as the wing is huge! The diffuser should feed it well. IPF rear lights look really good.


Gas tank is gone leaving space for the huge diffuser and centre exhaust. RE-Amemiya Super Twin Plate Clutch connects to an RE-Amemiya spec ATS Super Racing L.S.D

Tyres are only 265/35 series A050 S-Tyres, Koseki said the target time was around the same as a Super GT 300 class qualifying time. The car will only run Japan's faster circuits. Fuji is around 1:40, Okayama, Suzuka etc will follow. It will be interesting to see if Amemiya Racing can get this machine as quick as others running wider tyres. There is a challenge in itself. Koseki was saying balance is KEY!


Debut won't be in time for HKS premium day, but not much later. Let's go around around the aero. Splitter is smoothly seeping through the rad and up to the IC.


Front Upsweep over the fenders are very high.


Very flat sides extend upwards to slice the air. Large exits extract air from the wheel wells which is needed for downforce.


Air is then directed down the side of the car and then forced forced out of the sideskirts which also helps suck air from the rear wheel wells.


Doors are thin. Door inners are flat custom items. Windows are Acrylic and feature some vents as they definately cant move.


More and more people are using motorbike mirrors on their cars.


Most of the rear fenders have long ago been cut away, so the covers are all about reducing drag at the rear of the car.


Interior is ALLLLLLLL business. Anything you want to change here? Sequential NO.BRIDE Maxis III Seat, NO. Dash NO. Looks good enough to me. Driver has all the tools.


A few finishing touches still to go.


Major components in place and ready for action. These are the rears behind the Enkei GTC-01. Size is 18x10J Front and Rear.




UNder the Super GT Bonnet has some cool gold reflective heat shielding.


That continues inside the engine bay. Some custom shielding already in place. Brake fluid?
I like how Amemiya keeps the strut bar separated from the suspension points.

Did you see the PLENUM!


BLUE PLENUM!!!!! BLUE PIPING. I took this photo more for the 3 rotor casings. Thats 20B 654x3. You can do the math!


About the only M7 part Ama-san can use for this car is their filter. M7 EBC supports the Apexi PFC. Trust Greddy T88! RE-Amemiya Level Man Intercooler also finished in Cool Coat BLUE.


Blue is certainly the theme. I hope Amemiya releases some info about temperatures on these parts.  M7 Super Power Flow Filter, One-Off Intake Piping. Ex side features RE-Amemiya 90mm Muffler, exhaust and one off main pipe. Most tuners are also selling these low weight alternators now also which save 1.2 kg on their own.


I still want to see different rims on this from Enkei. I'm imagining white 5 spoke rims similar to the SGT car with centre lock nuts. Minor Minor. I love it. At speed... there is a different look.


Heart will be kept pumping out 600ish easy HP with BAGS of torque. Easily capable of more HP if required. BALANCE is the KEY.

So, I'll leave it up to the future to prove that this machine is THE force. Maybe at first sight others may be relieved with self imposed restrictions in tyre size that it won't be the fastest outright. But I'd love to see this car kill it with it a restrained philosophy. A few thousand laps of Japan's top circuits should give enough reference data.

IMO RE-A could have done something super super crazy and maybe we shall see revisions in the future, but for 2011, theres a lot to see on this RX7 E-FD3s.


PS.....

I'll be doing a build feature and a special feature on this car. I have a LOT of images.
I also attended a photoshoot with "Dino" the other day at RE-Amemiya near my place here in Japan.
Here is a sneak peek of the interior that I didn't take at TAS. More to come ... Later

We spoke to Ama-san and the mechanics about the car which confirmed basically what we know. the Hewland transmission and Super GT parts combined with the formula style Scoot design ride height levelling suspension will make this a fast car indeed.

Evan sent me a heads up for this interview which repeats what I've said above.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MC_B8_RSbA

Russ.

7 comments:

  1. What an incredible FD.Looks really cool. I hope it's a record breaker on the track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job russ! but does that mean they will not be running this beast in Tsukuba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's the real circuit breaker.

    RE-A tuned like it was street legal car except for the HUGE wing and HUGE diffuser.

    I respect RE-A and Scoot because they really keep their philosophy for balance and street-legal tune style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic FD! I hope Amemiya can challenge the top lap times of Pan-Speed and Fujita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I know, there are no plans for Tsukuba
    That track is too small and requires specific gearing etc

    This one will be a different animal

    I joked with Koseki-San that AMA-San wont be driving this car to events

    No wangan runs for this one unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this the car going to the HKS premium day to contest the speed battle at fuji raceway???

    ReplyDelete
  7. My readers are from all over the world, so I know there are communication issues.
    But
    If you are commenting, Please put your name.
    And Please read the blog post first.
    it takes 2 seconds and builds a communinty.

    ie "Is this the car going to the HKS premium day to contest the speed battle at fuji raceway??? "

    "Debut won't be in time for HKS premium day" Won't means... will NOT

    :) happy times.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here...
--
Contact me anytime. Email RE-Xtreme.
--
Send me any info about any Fd3s related event or FD. E-mail Event Information.
--
If you want me to feature your FD, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll load you up in the owners section. Email a Feature.